Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Baboons part 3







This time we were trying to bait them with bananas. I was afraid to roll my window down to tempt them though. There was one baboon that was lingering around my door like he could sense that something was up. I finally worked up the nerve when he wasn’t looking at tossed a banana out the window for him & another one ran by, snatching it up & running away with it. That one that was lingering came even closer & was looking like he was wondering where in the heck his was so, we drove off before he got mad. We made one more stop & put the banana on the hood of the car trying to bait them into jumping on the hood to get it but, the baboon was too scared & just kept walking around the car like he was thinking of some way to get it from us without coming too close. I guess it is illegal to feed them so good thing we didn’t get caught.
I have a video of the second stop with the banana on the hood of the car but, I couldn’t get it to post.
Also, I didn't zoom in on any of these pictures this is how close they actually were to me.


1 comment:

  1. That is amazing, I want to hear more about this when you get home. Sounds scary. I want to see the video.

    ReplyDelete